Am I Eligible?
To receive financial help from the Victims Compensation Assistance Program, you must:
- Be a victim of a crime that happened in Pennsylvania or a Pennsylvania resident who was injured or killed in a foreign country that does not have and
- compensation program, and
- Report the crime or file a Protection from Abuse Order (PFA)
- Cooperate with the police, courts and the Victims Compensation Assistance Program
- File the claim for compensation within 5 years of the crime
- Have a minimum loss of at least $50 because of the crime (if you are less than 60 years old).
- The Victims Compensation Assistance Program will not reimburse you for:
- Pain and suffering
- Stolen or damaged property (except some medical items such as canes, wheelchairs, eyeglasses, hearing aids or medications).