Begin Main Content Area

Am I Eligible? 

To receive financial help from the Victims Compensation Assistance Program, you must:  

  • Be a victim of a crime that happened in Pennsylvania or a Pennsylvania resident who was injured or killed in a foreign country that does not have and
  • compensation program, and
  • Report the crime or file a Protection from Abuse Order (PFA) within three days of the crime, and
  • Cooperate with the police, courts and the Victims Compensation Assistance Program, and
  • File the claim for compensation within 2 years of the crime, and
  • Not be involved in illegal activity that may have caused the crime to happen, and
  • Have an out of pocket expense of at least $100 because of the crime (if you are less than 60 years old).
  • There are some exceptions to the above requirements (especially if the victim is younger than 18 years old.)

The Victims Compensation Assistance Program will not reimburse you for:

  • Pain and suffering
  • Stolen or damaged property (except some medical items such as canes, wheelchairs, eyeglasses, hearing aids or medications).