Register for Offender Release Notification
PA SAVIN: Pennsylvania’s Automated Victim Notification Service
PA SAVIN is Pennsylvania’s automated victim notification system. As a victim of crime, this service provides you with free, confidential notification regarding an offender’s release, transfer or escape. The PA SAVIN service includes offenders under the supervision of county jails, state prisons, and state parole.
If the offender is in a county jail, you, your family, and your circle of support can receive notifications on offender movements:
- When the offender is released from jail
- If the offender escapes
- If the offender is transferred to another location
- To register, click here.
If the offender is in a state prison or on state parole, there are additional notifications and services that you, as a crime victim, can receive from the Office of the Victim Advocate.
Notifications and services include:
- Automated notification via PA SAVIN of transfers, release, escape and other types of custody changes
- An opportunity to express your feelings about the release of the offender. This is a way to let the decision makers know about any concerns you may have for the safety of you and your family and to request certain conditions of release be put in place if the offender is approved for release.
To learn more and register, contact the Office of the Victim Advocate at (800) 322-4472, (800) 563-6399, or (877) 349-1064 (TDD) during regular business hours.
Additional information about PA SAVIN:
Federal Bureau of Prisons
If the offender is in a federal prison, as a victim of federal crime,
you may receive timely information in regards
to significant events that may occur throughout the criminal justice process.
U.S. Immigration and Customs
Enforcement Victim Notification Program
Immigration and Customs
Enforcement (ICE) has a Victim Notification Program for eligible victims and
witnesses to be notified of release related activities of a criminal alien in
- Information about the program, including a victim registration
form, is available here.