Begin Main Content Area

Additional Statutory Rights FAQ

expand Question : The offender in the criminal case in which I was the victim was sentenced to serve 4 to 8 years state time but I heard that sometimes the Department of Corrections will ask the court to resentence an offender. Is that possible? ‎(1)

Yes, there is a program called State Intermediate Punishment (SIP) that is a two year sentence. The Department of Corrections (DOC) may request the court to resentence an eligible offender to the SIP Program; however, you will have the opportunity to submit a victim impact statement to tell the court how you feel about the resentencing. You will need to talk to the victim/witness coordinator Victim Service Program in the district attorney’s office about receiving that notification and assistance with completing a victim impact statement.

If the offender has already been sentenced you will need to contact the Office of the Victim Advocate to register for notification and provide input into any pre-released parole review of the offender.