Begin Main Content Area

Financial Assistance FAQ

expand Question : How can I get help in filing a victim’s compensation claim? ‎(1)

​There are several ways you can get help in filing a compensation claim. Law enforcement may have already given you a brochure that contains a list of victim service programs. You may contact one of them for assistance. Or you can click on victim service program and locate a program in your county or you can contact the Victims Compensation Assistance Program directly toll-free at 800-233-2339 for assistance.

expand Question : I need to complete the restitution form for the court so the judge can order restitution in the case in which I was a victim. How can I prove how much my stolen property is worth? ‎(1)
expand Question : The police recovered some of my property which was taken in a burglary. How long will the police hold my recovered property? ‎(1)

​The police will need to hold the property until all court actions are completed. The district attorney assigned to each case will decide when the property is no longer needed or if photographs are all that is needed. You may want to talk to an advocate at your local victim service program that can assist you with this.