Begin Main Content Area

Informal Adjustment

Informal adjustment is an alternative to filing a petition for a formal court processing. A juvenile’s participation in an informal adjustment may not exceed six months, unless extended by an order of the court for an additional period not to exceed three months. If the juvenile successfully completes the informal adjustment, the case will be dismissed. If the juvenile does not successfully complete the informal adjustment, a petition will be filed.