Begin Main Content Area

Report a Crime To Police FAQ

expand Question : How can I get help in filing a victim’s compensation claim? ‎(1)

There are several ways you can get help in filing a compensation claim. Law enforcement may have already given you a brochure that contains a list of Victim Service Programs. You may contact one of them for assistance. Or you can click on victim service programs and locate a program in your county or you can contact the Victims Compensation Assistance Program directly toll-free at 800-233-2339 for assistance.

expand Question : How will I know what my rights are as a victim of crime? ‎(1)
expand Question : I am a Pennsylvania resident but I was a victim of crime in another state, will I be provided these rights? ‎(1)

​No. These specific rights are provided to people who were victims of crime in Pennsylvania. Each state provides rights to people who were victimized by crime. For assistance, you may want to call your local Victim Service Program for help in locating a victim service program in the state in which you were a victim.