Begin Main Content Area

Restitution FAQ

expand Question : Can I be repaid if the offender was not arrested or found guilty? ‎(1)

​You cannot receive restitution, but you may be eligible to receive compensation. A judge must order restitution while you may file yourself for compensation within two years after the crime

expand Question : Can I file for restitution and compensation at the same time? ‎(1)
expand Question : Can I get paid for pain and suffering? ‎(1)

​Only through a civil suit against the offender. You cannot get pain and suffering through restitution or compensation.