Begin Main Content Area

State Sentence FAQ

expand Question : The offender in my case is coming up for a parole. Can I attend the hearing? ‎(1)

No. In Pennsylvania, the consideration for parole is not done at an actual hearing but is a process. You do have the right to offer prior comment concerning the parole decision; your comments will be considered by the Board of Probation and Parole prior to any decision being made concerning the release of the offender on parole.

If you are registered with the Office of the Victim Advocate, you will be notified by letter when the offender is going to be considered for parole. If you are not registered, you may want to talk to an advocate at your local Victim Service Program who can help you register or you may do so by calling the Office of the Victim Advocate.

expand Question : What if the offender served his entire sentence in prison and was never granted parole. Who will supervise him when he is released after serving his maximum sentence? ‎(1)