Begin Main Content Area

The Suspected Is Arrested FAQ

expand Question : How can I get help in filing a victim’s compensation claim? ‎(1)

​There are several ways you can get help in filing a compensation claim. Law enforcement may have already given you a brochure that contains a list of Victim Service Programs. You may contact one of them for assistance. Or you can click on victim service programs and locate a program in your county or you can contact the Victims Compensation Assistance Program directly toll-free at 800-233-2339 for assistance.

expand Question : How will I know what my rights are as a victim of crime? ‎(1)
expand Question : How will the police contact me to tell me the suspect was arrested? ‎(1)

​You will need to provide a valid address and telephone number to the police or any agency responsible for providing information and notice to you. You will also need to provide timely notice of any changes to your address or telephone number.

expand Question : I am a Pennsylvania resident but I was a victim of crime in another state, will I be provided these rights? ‎(1)
expand Question : I am a victim of an assault, who will tell me if the inmate escapes from custody? ‎(1)

​In personal injury crimes, a law enforcement agency, sheriff, deputy sheriff or constable shall notify you of the inmate's escape from the custody of a law enforcement agency, sheriff, deputy sheriff or constable.

expand Question : I was assaulted by a stranger; will the police tell me when they find the suspect? ‎(1)
expand Question : What should I do, I'm a victim of sexual assault and I'm afraid the suspect may find out my address if I give that information to the police. ‎(1)

​The information you provide to the police shall not be disclosed to any person other than a law enforcement agency, corrections agency or prosecutor’s office without your prior written consent.